Whether you are looking to lose weight or focusing on transitioning to a healthier lifestyle, there are a few simple swaps to start your journey. These simple trades can be made with your daily meals or even in your favorite recipes and will make a big difference over time. Eat what you love without all the calories.
- White Potatoes SWAP with Cauliflower or Sweet Potatoes
- Skin or Dark Meat Chicken SWAP with Skinless White Chicken
- Filet, Porterhouse SWAP with Sirloin or Round
- Creamy salad dressings SWAP with Vinegar Based Dressing/Olive Oil
- Mayonnaise SWAP with Non-fat Greek Yogurt with Dijon Mustard
- Whole Milk SWAP with Almond or Skim Milk
- White Bread SWAP with Whole Grain Flat Bread
- Oil SWAP with Applesauce, Pumpkin Puree, Flaxseed
- Butter SWAP with Applesauce, Pumpkin Puree
- Chocolate SWAP with Dark Chocolate or Cocoa Powder
- Pudding SWAP with Flavored Protein Powder and Non-fat Greek Yogurt
No matter what your favorite high-calorie food or meal may be, simple swaps can be made to help you lose weight or transition to a healthier lifestyle by simply decreasing calorie dense foods and replacing them with healthier choices.
A Healthy Swap Recipe:
In the mood for a sweet creamy, treat. Try this in place of ice cream.
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder*
½ cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
¼ cup cold water
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
Mix ingredients (except chocolate chips). Place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to chill.
Sprinkle dark chocolate chips on top. Enjoy!
*I recommend Beverly International Chocolate UMP.