Stress is one of the largest barriers to a productive, happy life. When our bodies are bogged down with stress from work, home, friends and other obligations, it takes over mentally, physically and emotionally. This interferes with our daily lives, preventing us from making the most out of each day.
Overtime, this stress and lack of productivity builds up. We become miserable. Day in and day out, life begins to blur together. Before we know it, three months have gone by and we still haven’t gotten around to checking off anything on our To-Do lists.
Below are a few simple tricks to help beat the stress and live a happy, productive life! #13 is my newest favorite!:
- Deep breathing exercises and techniques will help you slow down when you feel like you’ll drown if you add one more task to your list. Slowing down allows you to better concentrate on each individual task, instead of becoming overwhelmed by everything at once. These techniques will also help you relax, increasing productivity and happiness for the rest of the day.
Relax Those Muscles
- Take time to relax – you can’t possibly expect to be productive when you’re tense from stress. There are plenty of muscle relaxing techniques out there; pair them with some deep breathing for a complete stress overhaul!
- Any type of writing – whether it’s journaling, stories or list-making – helps get what’s on your mind onto paper instead. Once on paper, you’ll instantly feel calmer and relaxed because your mind can let go of that stored stress. A good practice is to write the equivalent of three pages a night of whatever comes to your mind to get the juices flowing.
Take A Walk Through the Woods
- Even if it’s for only 30 minutes, a walk through the woods will do wonders for your well-being. Listen to the bird songs and the rustle of leaves in the wind as you stroll through towering oaks and shady maples. Spending time in nature will improve your mood and cut stress, freeing you up to take on the rest of the day with ease.
Get Moving! Exercise is Key
- All it takes is 30 minutes and the benefits are far-reaching. Nothing beats a little exercise if you’re looking for an immediate boost mentally, emotionally and physically.
Sleep it off
- Your sleep patterns affect your waking life. Getting an adequate amount of sleep can do wonders for your day. A good night’s sleep helps you process the day’s events and helps you remain patient and less agitated during the day. However, large amounts of stress can increase insomnia. Getting on a regular sleep schedule that allows your mind and body to relax is key to managing stress levels.
Eat Some Chocolate
- Did you know that eating dark chocolate every day can help reduce stress levels in two weeks? A study conducted by the Nestle Research Center in Switzerland found those who consumed dark chocolate each day exhibited lower levels of the stress hormones cortisol and catecholamines in just two weeks. Go ahead, grab that dark chocolate candy bar you’ve been eyeing. Your body will thank you later.
- Although technology is great for running a small business, it can also be a cause for increased stress. Being constantly connected when you’ve got a business to run, but the constant influx of information 24/7 is often overwhelming. Disconnecting from all your devices for just a couple of hours allows you to slow down and refocus.
- Not only is a hearty laugh good fun, but it has physical, social and mental health benefits. Make sure to get in a good one each day. For 45 minutes afterward, your muscles will remain relaxed, leaving you less stressed. And don’t get me started on how it boosts endorphins, your body’s natural feel good chemicals!
Give Yourself a Gift Each Day
- I’m not talking about a material gift (although it can be). I’m talking about taking a few minutes each day to do something that is just for yourself. Something as simple as having that second cup of coffee you usually forego is enough. Giving yourself a gift each day takes care of that stress, so you can take care of that to-do list!
Step Into Sunshine
- Step outside in the sun for a few minutes everyday to ward off stress and boost your mood. However, high levels of stress could inhibit the vitamin D receptors in your body. Make sure to get enough quality sleep and boost your omega-3 intake to really reap the stress-relieving benefits of the sun.
- Stress doesn’t only affect your mental and emotional health but manifests physically as well. Maintaining a balanced, healthy diet will make you feel better. With increased energy, you’ll feel more prepared to take on each day.
Get the Helo LX
- Featuring a 125 Hz sensor sampling frequency to track cardiovascular well-being with better accuracy, the Helo LX also includes features to track blood pressure, heart rate, breath rate, mood, and fatigue and can even perform an EKG.
- And the device alone is only part of the innovation. Helo has now introduced the very 1st wearable technology APP STORE! With hundreds of apps being developed, from early flu detection to instant stress notification apps, the possibilities are endless. With hundreds of 3rd party developers creating cutting edge apps, the potential for the Helo device has only just begun.
- Don’t let stress get in the way of your happiness. What tips/tricks do you have that aren’t on this list?
- While you’re here, find out more about how the Helo LX will help you beat the stress. Find Out More About The Helo