1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
2 cups sliced mushrooms
½ tsp salt, divided
½ tsp ground black pepper, divided
4 oz. reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup white vinegar
¼ cup water
1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 4, (¼-inch thick rounds)
8 large lettuce leaves
4 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400⁰F.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Divide beef into 4, (4-ounce) portions and shape each portion into ¼-inch thick patties. Season with a ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Place patties on the sheet pan and set aside.
- Spread mushrooms in a separate section from patties. Spray top of mushrooms with non-stick spray and season with ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, remove mushrooms and set aside. Continue to cook patties for about 3 minutes, and then turn the oven up to broil.
- Portion 1 ounce of cheese over each patty and return to the oven to melt.
- To make pickles, bring vinegar, water, and ¼ teaspoon of salt to a boil on the stovetop or in the microwave. Pour mixture over cucumbers and set aside.
- For one serving, spread 1 teaspoon of mustard on 1 leaf of lettuce and top with 1 burger patty, ¼ of the mushrooms, 1 slice of tomato, 4 slices of pickles, and another leaf of lettuce.
Note: For medium-rare, cook the beef to an internal temperature of 125°F; for medium to 135°F; for medium-well to 145°F; for well-done to 160°F.
For my clients: This makes 4 servings consisting of:
- 1 Lean
- 3 Green
- 2 Condiments